Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Have Been Blessed

This week is a week of reflection for me. On August 6, 2007, I received the most devastating news of my life. I had lost my father in an accident. So, as you can imagine, I have been thinking about him a lot this week. I've shed a few tears, and I'm sure more will come, but the overwhelming emotion I am feeling is gratitude!

I have been so blessed in my life in many ways, one of which is the blessing of loving and nurturing parents. I think for many years I took this for granted, thinking all kids grew up the way I did. But I now realize that many, many people were not so blessed!

So this post is dedicated to my sweet daddy and my precious and beautiful mom, who has shown me what perseverance and faith really mean this year. I love you, Mom, and you are on my heart every day!



Love this pic of Mom and Dad on vacation a couple of years ago!







2 comments:

Sarah said...

So thankful that you are able to be grateful for the father you had while missing him immensely. Thank you for sharing him with us!

Book Nook Girl said...

Beautifully said! We are so blessed and your mom says to tell you AMEN!