Monday, August 18, 2008

School Is In Session

Well, it's finally here. The boys started school today. They each said they had a good day and seem as excited as can be expected for a 13 and 10 year old. We are so blessed to be able to have our kids at a great christian school. We are thankful for their teachers and for the staff that they come in contact with daily.

On another note... why do normal parents with a good head on their shoulders make themselves get the cheapest cell phone offered, but will shell out the big bucks so their 13 year old can have the phone he wants. Hmmm...

On a third note... I am in my third week of a new job and am enjoying it! My boss is a christian man who we have known for many years. He has let me choose my hours, so I chose to work during school hours. This makes the whole getting the kids to and from school so much easier! The Lord has always provided what we need and usually exactly what we want... so blessed!

Anyone else want to share a recent blessing?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, you HAD to ask!! Both of my kids were recently -- in the last 3 weeks -- baptized!! I am shouting my thanks and praise from everywhere!! It was completely a God-thing -- and part of it was that I had to learn to trust God's timing on it before it would happen, I think! And God's timing is always so very, very perfect.

Thankful your boys had a great first day -- we still have a WEEK yet! Curious about your new job? But thankful that it sounds like a good fit!

Scott & Erica said...

what is your new job?

Brooke said...

Blessings are upon daily!! I am blessed to get to stay home with my kids and to be in the PTO! I am blessed with a great teenager (for the most part). I felt oh so very blessed to be apart of the ladies class tonight at church!

Laura Drury said...

So excited the boys are off to a good school year and that your job is going well!

We are blessed this week with Ty starting kindergarten at a great school with an amazing Christian teacher. God answered our prayers. (And we've made it early to school every day so far!)

Martha said...

I am so glad that the job and school is going good. I have been praying about your days and the transition. So happy to hear that good news! And I have to comment on the bike ride...I love that he hadn't got to "visit" much with you. I love the word visit. it just makes me smile. So know that I had a smiling moment reading!

Love you! miss you! M