Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dad's Last Public Prayer

My dad was a praying man. I don't remember his prayers being especially wordy. I don't remember them being flowery and formal. But I do remember them being straight from his heart. Not long after arriving at the hospital where my dad had been taken, my mom told me that Dad had said one of the prayers at church the day before. In that prayer he said a phrase that he spoke in almost every prayer he prayed publicly. It went something like this. "We long for the day we can worship you, our Creator and Savior, forever and ever." My daddy had no idea he would be doing that in just 36 hours. I am so happy for him!

Today I took a two mile walk and listened to some music and tried to process what was happening in our lives right now. On my MP3 a song that I have always loved came on and brought me tears of joy at the thought of my dad worshipping around God's throne right now. It is a Chris Rice song entitled "Circle Up." If you have never heard it, please find it and listen to it. It paints a beautiful picture of our future in Christ!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a wonderful memory for you! I am sorry I haven't gotten to talk to you lately.