Friday, August 31, 2007

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Jonathan and his buddies were getting a briefing from the coach on how to be an all star water boy! They did a great job of making sure the team stayed hydrated!

Brent played starting QB among other positions last night. He did a fantastic job! We were so proud of his football abilities and of his leadership abilities on the field and off.
Brent passed for lots of yards. He had great help with blocking, which gave him plenty of time to find someone who was open downfield.
Brent and his seventh grade teammates and friends. They put on quite a show. Even though the scoreboard didn't show that we won, I was so proud of the way our team played and the attitudes of the players and coaches afterwards. This is going to be a fun season!

7 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Way to go Brent!! But, I want to know who that grown man is wearing #8?!

Paula said...

Tell me about it. He is almost caught up with me at 12! I've enjoyed seeing your girls' pics lately. Boy, they grow up fast, huh?

Leah said...

Hey Paula,
You probably don't remember me, but I grew up at Faith Village and my mom taught at Tuesday/Thursday school at Faith Village. Now she teaches 4 yr old at the Edgemere campus. Anyway....I just wanted to leave a comment because I CANNOT believe how big your boys are! You guys are such a sweet, wonderful Christlike family, and I look forward to reading more about your adventures!

Paula said...

Of course I remember you, Leah! I'm so glad you found me. It looks like Denver is a fun place to be. And much cooler than here! I rarely see your mom any more, but occasionally we say hello!

Unknown said...

Is he really that old?? Are we??? What a wonderful new page in the Holsberry book of boys.

Brooke said...

I love the football pics!

Laura Drury said...

Brentford, is that you? I know I just saw him last week-end but he looks like a different person in his jersey. Thanks for showing the pics. We're looking forward to Friday.

Also, cool idea on the eclipse. D is very into that kind of stuff. I can see him leading that adventure when our kids won't fuss & cry about getting up out of bed. Sleep is so amazing for us right now that we can't give that up yet!!