Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ice, Anyone?

Life is weird! We have owned our refrigerator for about 13-14 years. In recent years, its ice maker will periodically stop making ice, usually when we are having people over! It's not a big deal because we usually can move the stop bar up and down, hit it a few times, and then it kicks back in.

Yesterday, I kept hearing weird noises coming from the freezer, but didn't pay much attention. Then when we were getting drinks for dinner, my husband realized that the ice machine had a mind of its own! It apparantly has been making ice nonstop for the past couple of days, even though we have turned it off. There is ice everywhere in the freezer! It is an ice machine on steroids!

I guess that is what we get for hitting it when it didn't work! :) Oh well, better too much ice than not enough in the summer! When life gives you ice, make some iced tea!

3 comments:

Martha said...

I would love to stop by and get some of that ice. Our ice machine just decided it was done making for us. So here I am 8 months pregnant in 100 degree heat and would love have an ice bath. Keith said the other day that we have too much of what we don't need and too little of what we do. I guess your ice issue could apply...he was talking about too much cheese and too little money.

Laura Drury said...

I'm excited that you've started an everyday life blog! Stories like the ones you've shared so far are so easy to forget! The big events are fun too but esp. with kids, everyday life is fun! I miss you & can't wait to see you next week!

Brooke said...

I am taking a stab at this as well. Let me know how I am doing please. To much ice yes can you really have that? Not in July in Texas!