Saturday, July 21, 2007

God's Artwork






I have a husband who so enjoys working outside in our yard. He does such a great job at making it beautiful for us to enjoy. He also loves to work in his garden as is evident by the baskets of vegetables in the first picture we have given away this weekend! Our freezer is full, and we are eating them as fast as we can. It is fun to share these with others.
-
One of my favorite flowers in the yard is shown in the second picture. It is called a passion flower and the picture does not do it justice. It grows on a vine with beautifully interesting shapes and curly-Q stems on them. Then every now and then there will be a bloom. When it opens fully, you can see the interesting shapes and colors all throughout the flower. It is truly one of God's best works of art, in my opinion.
-
Take some time today to notice God's beauty around you. We serve a creative and generous God who shares his creativity with us in many unbelievable ways!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I love love love that flower!

Martha said...

The veggies look yummy and all the hardwork in the yard is lovely! I love all the flowers!

Laura Drury said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Amy S. Grant said...

We're proud of ole Ken. John is standing here and says that's a fine-looking yard! I hope to see it in person some day!

I saved the organization blog on my faves and really need to look at it!!