Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whew!

What the title expresses is a big sigh of relief! Today I took and passed my licensing exam for my new job. After studying for boocoos of hours (I don't even want to know how many!), I finally took my 150 question, 2 1/2 hour test. I went in the testing room pretty comfortable and confident, but by about question 30, I was really sweating it because it was much more difficult than I expected. But I knew people that took more than once to pass it and others who barely passed. So I figured I would be in good company if it took me more than once. Frankly, though, I was tired of studying! But when the computer told me the next screen would show my score, I took a deep breath and pushed enter. What a relief!!!

On another note, I just finished the last book I have in the Yada Yada prayer group series and I am so sad, but I think there may be one more in the series! If so, I will be going to the bookstore soon!!!

This week is full of fun as it is our homecoming week at school, so the boys get to dress up each day for the theme. Tomorrow is super hero day... wonder what that will look like in the morning??? Poor JP has to go shopping with me tomorrow afternoon (shhh, he doesn't know). He is representing his class in the homecoming festivities Friday night and he has to have "church clothes." Ahem, what church clothes? Even though we are at the church building often, we are pretty casual dressers, so... it's off to the mall. Oh well, maybe I can get him to wear whatever we find more than once before he grows out of it.

4 comments:

Laura Drury said...

I'm so excited for you. Quite an accomplishment! I'm so glad you don't have to take it again! Sounds like a fun week at your house. JP may need a sonic drink to help him as he shops! (I know you will!)

I also love the other post on the battle and we should stand still and know that God is fighting. What a great reminder to all of us that God is in control. Thanks for sharing so openly and leading us to those scriptures.

Book Nook Girl said...

Congrats on passing your test!! What a relief! I am so proud of you branching out into this new field and just think, no lesson plans or grading papers!

Good luck with the shopping. I agree with Laura, you and JP will probably need a Sonic to help you through this adventure!

I just bought the first book in the Yada Yada Prayer group series! I can't wait to start it!

Martha said...

Thank you, Jesus! Congrats on passing! I know you are so thankful and happy to have that bhind you. What a gift!

I loved your last post. I love that He fights for us. I just love Him.

And you! M

Scott & Erica said...

way to go!