Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rest

I started my week on Sunday seeking some answers from the Word on fighting spiritual battles. I believe the bible teaches us that the battle that we are fighting is a spiritual one, using weapons that are different from the traditional "weapons". Fighting is real. The battle is real. But as I was seeking answers from God on some things I was struggling with, the verses that I was directed to very specifically talked about letting our God FIGHT FOR US! Frankly, I was so relieved. I get so tired, but God reminds me to STAND FIRM and watch the Lord deliver me. The Lord will fight for me; I need only BE STILL! (Ex. 14:14) He also tells me to not be afraid because he is going before me to FIGHT FOR ME. The Lord has CARRIED ME, as a father carries a son (daughter). (Deut. 1:31)

I don't know about you, but that brings a beautiful mental picture to mind! What daughter doesn't want to be carried by her daddy, especially when things are a little (or a lot) scary. Wow! These were the verses the Lord knew that I needed this week.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

Awesome!

No comments: