Thursday, July 3, 2008

Spiritual ADD

I was recently in a conversation with a friend where we were discussing what we felt like needed to change in order for our relationship with God to move forward. I shared what I had been feeling very strongly from the Lord in the last weeks.

PAY ATTENTION!

I have felt like I have been seeking God's will for my life and my future almost constantly in the last few months, but have not had clear answers. It finally occured to me that when you ask, you have to listen for the answer. I'm afraid that I was so consumed in the asking that I forgot to stop to hear what I needed to hear. I jokingly told my friend that it was like I had "Spiritual ADD" or something. I could not focus long enough on the thoughts at hand to hear an answer. I have since tried to listen for God's voice in not only the "big" questions, but also in the everyday questions. It's amazing how much fretting has left and how much peace has taken its place. I pray that my hearing will improve every day!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Great thoughts! I needed that. I often pray for "eyes to see and ears to hear". Satan would love for my vision and hearing to be off so I miss HIM.

We need to talk soon. Call me when you have time or let me know when is good and I will call you. Love you! M

Scott & Erica said...

you are so very wise. thanks for sharing
erica

Laura Drury said...

Thanks for the insight. This was a great reminder to me!